Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Running on empty

I feel further from God than I have in a long time, but I know it is because I am tired and running on empty. I have not rested. All day long I felt the Lord gently reminding me that He is there and telling me to read my "Jesus Calling" devotion for today...more specifically the scriptures at the end of the devotion. God gives us exactly what we need when we need it, but sometimes we need to make the extra effort to get it.

"And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not" (Isaiah 58:11 AMP)

"He will feed His flock like a shepherd: He will gather the lambs in His arm, He will carry them in His bosom and will gently lead those that have their young"(Isaiah 40:11 AMP)

Thank you Lord!

I just need to be the sheep that I am and let my Shepherd take care of me.

1 comment: